New announcement. Learn more


Covid-19 Resurgence Support Payment

The COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payment helps to cover wages and fixed costs for businesses who have been directly affected when there is an increase to Alert Level 2 or higher for a week or more. 

To be eligible, your business must have experienced at least a 30% drop in revenue or a 30% decline in capital-raising ability over a 7-day period, due to an increase in Alert Levels.
You can receive $1,500 per business plus $400 per full-time employee (FTE), up to 50 FTE.
The maximum payment is $21,500.
If you're a sole trader, you can receive a payment of up to $1,900.

Applications for the COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payment are now open. You need to apply through Inland Revenue. Businesses anywhere in New Zealand can apply if they meet the eligibility criteria.
You can apply for both the COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payment and the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme if you meet all the eligible criteria.

What you need before applying

A myIR account for your business. This will be a separate username and login from your personal myIR account (unless you are a sole trader). Click here to register a myIR account for a business.
The bank account you want the payment to be made to. 
Your New Zealand Business number (NZBN) - go to to check if you have one or apply if you don’t already have one
Employees details: if you have received the wage subsidy from Work & Income or completed payday filing in the last 30 days, your employee’s information will be prepopulated. Otherwise, you will need to manually enter your employees’ name, IRD number, and whether they are full or part time employees. 

To Apply
Click here to apply
You will need:
your IRD number
your business name
your business address
your New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
the names of your employees
your employee IRD numbers
contact details for your business and your employees.
New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
NZBN is a globally unique 13 digit number. 

To find your NZBN, if you are a company: type your business name in the search bar on this website

If you are a sole trader, partnership or trust you will need to apply for a NZBN here. You will need a New Zealand driver licence or NZ passport. 

We can help with this application process if needed. Please contact us. 

Contact Us
Contact Tim Doyle or Jane Evans today for a no obligation phone call or meeting on 07 823 4980 or contact us. Our office is in Cambridge, NZ, but distance is no problem. We have many international and national clients.

This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.